Monday, October 8, 2012

FashionSista Challenge 1: Twist Headband

I accepted the first challenge of the Twist Headband AKA bunny ears or scarf headband.  So since the closest American Apparel was in Tempe for me, I decided to see if I could whip one up myself and save some money. I attempted the headband 2 times; the first free hand stitch and the second with a sewing machine.  I noticed I had all the material to make the first one, so it cost me $0 and the second I paid $1.30 by getting 1/4 of a yard of fabric at Hobby Lobby (with the 40% coupon from their website). Here's my tutorial. Hope you like!

What you need:
Fabric
Floral wire
Scissors
Sewing Machine/needle and thread 
Measuring tape/ruler
Sewing Pins



1. Find your fabric.

 2. Cut your desired length and width. I cut mine a little more than 3 feet in lenght & 3 inches in width. Loni did hers a little bigger.


 3. Fold the fabric inside out and in half. Cut diagonal corners and pin it in place.










4. Sew it in place. You can hand stitch it, I did for the first one, Loni machine sewed the second. Make sure you keep one end open to place the wire inside. Once finished pull your fabric through so it is no longer inside out.







5. Measure your floral wire just shy of the length of your fabric. Loop the ends so it won't poke through. I doubled up my wire to make it was a tad sturdier and sewed the remainder closed. And you're done!

Here's some ways to to wear it: double loose knot, bun bunny ears, and flower (loosed double knot). I likey! Thanks, Kelbs!!- Cami





















My sister, Brittney, rocking American Apparel striped headband.

No comments:

Post a Comment