Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sanity

Holy cow it has been awhile since our last post!  What can we say? Life happens! 

I think maybe this should be our motto!?

This week has been a little crazy.  Not super crazy but, crazy enough. 

Saturday I thought I had it under control.  I knew I needed to clean (I did!!) Sunday, went well and I took Laura to my Mom's because I had to leave for Tucson at 6:30 the next morning (I ended up having a late night but, I made it work).  Went to Tucson (Monday morning), drove home and got my girl and got home by 8ish(pm). Tuesday, Boyfriend calls and needs a favor.  He is out of town and I have a (very causual) dinner party that I am hosting that night.  This COMPLETELY threw me off.  But, it worked out.  But, now I am getting TiReD.  Wednesday, I get up early and drive to Globe, get my girl from the babysitter's and RUSH to Boyfriend's house because he is driving down from Show Low so, I need to let his company in his house (he forgets that I am in GLOBE).  So, Wednesday night we kinda see eachother (remember he has company).  I still had to edit my friend's paper (she is in an MSW program) oh and my kitchen is STILL dirty from the dinner party the night before.  And Laura is a mess, she is exhausted.  (Ends up being a late night again). 

So, what happened today?  Well, I called Cami.  I needed a pep talk.  I am super tired, frustrated at things in my life and poor Laura has the runs.  So, after my pep talk with Cami I got to thinking.  Because truthfully, my life is pretty darn great.  Can it be stressful? Absolutely! Is it what I planned?  NO!!!!!!!

But, I am happy and honestly I am proud of myself.  I am proud at the limits that I have set for myself.  These limits cause me to just have a bad morning and to most likely recognize it (versus not having limits I would totally go crazy).  I don't go crazy because I dont't overwhelm myself.  and I am OK that it took me 2 days to clean my kitchen (did I mention my dishwasher is broken? ugh!).  I at times have also felt  judged for not putting enough on my plate or for not doing something fun with Laura because I knew it would not be a good idea.  But, I am learning that I probably am not being judged and it is probably just me and my own insecurities and what is most important is my SANITY.  Because if Momma is Sane, Everyone Else is TOO!   
Relaxing is good for the soul.  If you don't know how to do it. Learn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment