Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Balancing Act- Life Wheel


Have you ever made one of these before? One day I felt like my life was kind of out of whack, okay really out of whack, and I needed to get back in balance. The feeling not completely "putting all my eggs in one basket" but putting more eggs in some baskets than others.  So I did some researching and I saw some examples of how people made "slices" of what makes them whole and function properly. Think of the yin yang.

The way I did my balance wheel was tracing a circle and then "pie-ing" it into different categories of what I NEED to happen or what I NEED to be working on in my life!  These "slices" should be important enough to you that if they were not present in your life you would notice a significant difference. Some of the slices were added to help keep me in check of what I might be lacking or slacking on. I viewed some balance wheels with only 4 categories and others had more, depending how detailed or general they wanted it to be. I added visuals to mine, not that great of an artist, but it seemed to help. You can make yours any way you want. Keep it in a place where you can see it often like the fridge, bathroom, mirror, car, whatev. Seeing a daily visual life check list helps keep me focused on what is really important and I admit I feel a bit more evened out.   The wheel has helped me, I hope it can help you too! When there's a "wheel", there's a way...or something like that.

If you've made one before or just recently made one share it, we want to see what it looks like! How has it helped keep you balanced? -Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment