Saturday, September 1, 2012

How Not to Buy a Dryer

Almost 3 years ago I moved into my house.  Obviously, when purchasing/moving into a new (to me) home there are added expenses.  For example, buying appliances.  I was fortunate enough to have a washing machine gifted to me which meant I just needed to purchase the dryer.  Being a single mom that works in the social services field you can imagine that I was (and still am) on a BUDGET.  I went down to my local used appliance store and purchased myself a clean, usable dryer.  I have been happy with my dryer and have had no complaints it has worked like a champ these last few years. 

Yesterday, Laura wanted/needed to get dressed.  Of course her clothes were sitting in the dryer (they have been there the 3 last days)  and she informed me that she would pick her clothes out and get dressed.  I was in the kitchen and suddenly heard a very loud noise.  I went around the corner to the laundry room and she had SAT on the dryer door.  Of course she fell right on her rear end and broke my door!  (LOL!!)  She has been reminded to not sit on it, lean on it, etc she now understands why she cannot sit on the door. 

I called my neighbor who came to my rescue and he fixed the door (yay, no new dryer!!) for now.  The hinges are bent but, the door opens and closes fine.  But, I have been warned not to put any type of weight on the door now that the hinges are bent in an effort to keep the door working properly. 

Lesson learned.  Do NOT buy a dryer that has the door that folds down, it can lead to a bruised bum and a possible unwanted expense J
Picture taken AFTER the door was fixed and YES the clothes are STIILL in there... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment